Solved

Is it possible to configure Acumatica to use the Fedex One rate service through the Easypost plugin?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We are using the Easypost plugin in Acumatica and would like to use the Fedex one rate service.  According to the easypost api documentation this is achieved by passing the predefined_package name through to easypost.  We have created a box in Acumatica which is set up to match the Fedex Large box dimensions and with the Easypost predefined_package name for it in the Carrier’s package field (FedExLargeBox). Does the Acumatica Easypost plugin support sending a predefined package name?  If so how do we go about configuring this?  Defining a box with name FEDEXLARGEBOX and the Carrier’s package field populated with FedExLargeBox doesn’t seem to work. We still get varying rates dependent on where an order is shipped.

We are using FEDEX_2_DAY as the service method if that has any bearing on it.

Thanks for any help,

Phil

icon

Best answer by Omar Ghazi 26 August 2022, 19:13

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

@ppowell did you try to check with the package name being the exact same? EasyPost documentation states the following available predefined_packages for FedEx

• FedExEnvelope
  • FedExBox
  • FedExPak
  • FedExTube
  • FedEx10kgBox
  • FedEx25kgBox
  • FedExSmallBox
  • FedExMediumBox
  • FedExLargeBox
  • FedExExtraLargeBox

If you are using FedExLargeBox did you try using that same name in Acumatica under Carrier’s package field? It may be case sensitive so I am trying to confirm that you entered FedExLargeBox on both systems and not FEDEXLARGEBOX in Acumatica like you mentioned above.

If that doesn’t work you may have to contact Acumatica Support so we can investigate further.

@ppowell - It appears to me you have the correct carrier package in the correct place and per the Easy Post link as you say, this is all that is needed.   Can you include a copy of the Boxes screen so we can confirm?

Do you get a error when confirming the shipment or are you not getting the correct rate?

https://support.easypost.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041592051-FedEx-One-Rate

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Omar Ghazi Omar Thanks for the response.  Yes, that is exactly how I defined it.  As I advised:

Defining a box with name FEDEXLARGEBOX and the Carrier’s package field populated with FedExLargeBox doesn’t seem to work.

You mention doing it on both systems.  Do we need to do something special on the EasyPost side also? I was under the impression it should just work automatically without.

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 6
Badge

@ppowell - when entered, our integration uses the Carrier’s Package field from the Boxes screen to pass via the API indicating that a special carrier package is being used. These carrier package codes are specific to the integrations and is what is used to drive the pricing schema such as FedEx One Rate.

For EasyPost integration, when this Carrier’s Package field is set based on EasyPost’s requirements, it gets sent as their predefined_package attribute

EasyPost

For ShipEngine integration, when this Carrier’s Package field is set based on ShipEngine’s requirements, it gets sent as their package_code attribute

ShipEngine

So it should work as long as the Carrier’s Package field set in Acumatica according to the EasyPost/ShipEngine requirements.

• Per @dales50‘s recommendation, will you please provide a screenshot of your Boxes screen so we can check? 
  • Please also provide screenshot of your shipment screen with the rate you are getting and what rate you are expecting for FedEx One Rate.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have requested the screenshots of the rates but I am posting on behalf of the person dealing with this.  I am just setting up the box side of things and they then test.

The box I defined is as follows:

I’ll get the other screenshots as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Omar Ghazi - does the native Acumatic Fedex plugin allow for One Rate pricing as long as I use the supported Fedex service and package type?  Or, do I need to subscribe to Easy Post or ShipEngine and use their API?

Userlevel 6
Badge

@brucewarrell96 The “Carrier’s Package” value field from the Boxes screen are utilized for the following integrations: 

• EasyPost
  • ShipEngine
  • Stamps.com
  • USPS (native plugin)

Currently, we do not support One Rate pricing for the native Acumatica FedEx plugin. We suggest using EasyPost, ShipEngine, or Stamps.com for One Rate pricing support. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Omar Ghazi 

Is there any plan to support One Rate pricing? One reason we chose Acumatica was because of its out of the box connections, and now we realize that we can use FedEx, but not FedEx One Rate. I don’t think we should need a third party integration for that.

Userlevel 6
Badge

@caseyh35 Thank you for the feedback. We understand your need for including FedEx One Rate pricing on the native Acumatica FedEx plug-in. 

As mentioned, it is currently not supported via the native plugin, however, you can get this functionality by using the carrier aggregator integrations such as EasyPost/ShipEngine/Stamps.com which are not only out of the box connections but also very robust. It also provides users the option to select from a multitude of shipping carriers and rate shop as well. 

There is currently an idea for FedEx One support via the native plugin. Although we don’t have immediate plans to support this, we are continuing to monitor for requests, votes, and interest to help us prioritize this and potentially incorporate in a future Acumatica update.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Omar Ghazi Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did see that, and I have the first comment on there saying it would help us tremendously. Unfortunately that was two years ago and Acumatica is still pushing us towards 3rd party integrations.

@brucewarrell96 Bruce, you should like and comment on that thread, maybe we can get some traction and get this missing feature in the queue.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Omar Ghazi - We are looking for the same functionality, and reached here. It will be great if this feature is made available soon. I have also upvoted for the idea.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved