Solved

Direct Customer/Self service portal to an Acumatica test tenent

• 23 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

This is a standard ACU hosted cloud deployment.  During implementation, we create a test tenant to rain, load data etc…    We want to include the customer portal in this process but need to temporarily have it look at data in the test tenant until go live.  Can you direct the customer portal to look at data in another tenant?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 27 February 2023, 14:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Kandy,

Thanks!  It is a great help having you engage with me on this.

I can’t thank you enough for sharing your time!

Thanks,

Larry

You are so very welcome! Happy to help! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Kandy,

Thanks!  It is a great help having you engage with me on this.

I can’t thank you enough for sharing your time!

Thanks,

Larry

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ltussing03 

With the instance being hosted, I don’t believe you can either. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Kandy,

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!. 

I contacted support about this.  They are telling me to run the configuration wizard.  However, this is a hosted cloud deployment, so I don’t believe I can.

The portal ID is not editable.  I believe you are saying I need to contact support each time I want to have the portal get data from a different tenant and I cannot do this myself.

Support also offered this as advice.  However, I don’t think I have access to make these changes on a cloud deployment.

(Help article that would help you to add the test tenant to the portal)

https://help-2022r2.acumatica.com/(W(11))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=8862cb23-2c20-45b6-b322-04fda5555b8f

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ltussing03 

I just thought, you may have to have Acuamtica point the license to the test tenant on the actual server with the configurator. I know it used to be that way. May be worth reaching out and asking atleast. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @ltussing03 

On the portal itself, what are your preferences? The portal name and ID? Are those mapped to your Test tenant?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Kandy,

Thank you so much for sending that link!  It is VERY helpful!

However, the Portal External link doesn’t seem to redirect the portal login to look at an Acumatic test tenant.

I set up the user/contact in my ACU test tenant.  I set the site preferences in my test tenant to the portal URL.  And I cannot log into the portal with the new credentials.

I set up the user in my production acumatica tenant and I can then log into the portal with the new user credentials.

I only have one portal.  I have multiple Acumatica test tenants.  I want to point the portal to a test tenant.  It seems I would need to set something in the portal itself to say “hey, log into this tenant”.  There is no drop down tenant list while logging into the portal.  Just user and password.

Any thoughts?

AND THANK YOU!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @ltussing03 

Are you talking about the customer self service portal? If so, yes it can be pointed at whichever tenant you need it to. 

You put the URL in the site preferences:

I have used this article to help set up the portal before and it’s older but helpful:

https://www.mibar.net/blog/the-acumatica-customer-portal-man-that-was-easy/

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved