Solved

Default Physical Inventory Reason Code always selected when Generating Physical Inventory

1. There is a default Physical Inventory reason code in Inventory Preferences.
  2. I have approximately 20 different Physical Inventory Types generated by Item Class.
  3. When you select “GENERATE PI”  in “Prepare Physical Count” it always pulls the default reason code from Inventory Preferences.
  4. I need a different reason code for each of the Item Class Inventory Types. Does anyone know if there is a way to set this up so you don’t have to change the default reason code every time before selecting “GENERATE PI” (in “Prepare Physical Count”) ?
icon

Best answer by vkumar 19 May 2022, 02:10

View original

4 replies

Wow, that’s great. I had no idea that was there. I will get that set up- your help is greatly appreciated!😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You can control that using posting class settings.  It’s weird, but you can’t set it by item, but you can by posting class.

Then when you do a physical inventory it will use the Reason Code selected in the Posting Class.  We have ours separated by Finished Goods and WIP for example.  

Thanks vkumar!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Darnall 

I don't see an option to set default reason code based on item type or item class. One can update the reason code on Physical inventory review screen. It may be cumbersome to manually update here. If you use an excel sheet to upload the details on this screen, you can have required reason code on your source excel. 

You may post a request on ideas page of community portal as well. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved