Solved

Consolidated Customer statement defaults to branch sorting. Removing branch group breaks statement footer.

Userlevel 2
Badge

We opted to use branches because we are technically a two branch company internally, however, as far as our customers are concerned we are one company, one branch. 

Because we opted for branches, the default customer statement (consolidated included) form wants to group AR documents by branch but this confuses our customers who expect all their documents in order by document date. This in spite of the AR Preferences consolidation setting set as below:

I attempted to remove the Branch group in the report designer, and while this fixed the sort order, the “...AgeBalance00-05” fields started calculating as though only for the first branch.

Further testing suggests the report was using the groupOrganization footer which does use the OrganizationAgeBalance00-05 fields rather than the customer equivalents, but both customer and organization are higher level groups than branch, so I don’t know why they would be recalculating as though per branch. 

Does anyone know how to keep branch configuration while removing branch grouping and maintaining the integrity of the footer totals?

icon

Best answer by martinxfe 25 July 2023, 14:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Also have this question

Userlevel 2
Badge

@xkylewrightx I don’t know if you found a solution to this or not, but what I ended up doing was creating a sub-report based just on the ARStatement table that mirrored the footer of the original statement, and passing the customer and date to it to get the totals for both branches since I couldn’t ignore the branches and also get the variables to add up the totals properly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @martinxfe!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@xkylewrightx I don’t know if you found a solution to this or not, but what I ended up doing was creating a sub-report based just on the ARStatement table that mirrored the footer of the original statement, and passing the customer and date to it to get the totals for both branches since I couldn’t ignore the branches and also get the variables to add up the totals properly. 

We did the same and it works on a per-report basis when accessing through the Report form - however, we’ve noticed that the report breaks when using the Print Statements or Email Statements screen.

I was wondering if you managed to resolve this issue?

Userlevel 2
Badge

We did the same and it works on a per-report basis when accessing through the Report form - however, we’ve noticed that the report breaks when using the Print Statements or Email Statements screen.

I was wondering if you managed to resolve this issue?

@kokjietan  We send statements in bulk via the Email Statements function and I believe ours is working. I don’t recall having to troubleshoot that issue, though. Can you describe a little more how it’s breaking?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved