Solved

Can approval processes be created for Opening a new Vendor or Customer account?

Badge

Can approval processes be created for Opening a new Vendor or new Customer account?

icon

Best answer by Jp89 7 June 2021, 14:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I want to know the same problem, anyone know?

Not at this time, but there is an idea in future consideration status. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Since there isn’t Approval Map support, you could look into using a customer class that new customers are defaulted to or the customer status. Then the customer would be ‘approved’ when assigned a class or set to active.

Badge

It's unfortunate that this is only a future consideration. Most organizations that Acumatica targets as Mid Size, have proper approval processes for when selecting a vendor to purchase from, or an approval process that a customer may open a credit account. This should be part of fundamental designs and inclusions in an ERP solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How long is this going to just be a future consideration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

How long is this going to just be a future consideration?

Agreed. I was asked today about customer approvals for new customers or customer record changes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As a CPA, I’m really surprised that there is no approval for vendors since the most common fraud and embezzlement cases usually involve fake vendors setup by someone unsupervised.  An approval process for new vendors should be part of every financial system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As a CPA, I’m really surprised that there is no approval for vendors since the most common fraud and embezzlement cases usually involve fake vendors setup by someone unsupervised.  An approval process for new vendors should be part of every financial system.

That’s a great point. It’s true that it could help reduce fraud. 

Userlevel 1

Really hoping this is in the next release, this is critical to confidence in the vendor master file and doesn’t appear that it would be a heavy lift to implement for Acumatica. Please prioritize this!

Userlevel 1

Really hoping this is in the next release, this is critical to confidence in the vendor master file and doesn’t appear that it would be a heavy lift to implement for Acumatica. Please prioritize this!

Completely agree with this post.  When will this feature be built?????

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved