Solved

Attribute issue

• 19 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

I want to change the Control Type in one of my attributes.  However, it is grayed out, meaning I cannot make the change.  I think it’s active in one of the many workspaces I’ve been working in.  I’ve gone through all I can, no luck.  Any/all guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 20 April 2022, 06:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I know the specific attribute I’m looking for.  Is there a search that can be performed that could provide its locations?  Still looking through suggestions provided earlier, it is a substantial project.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Naveen, Laura, thanks for your help.

Badge +16

Hello,

I’d like to add to Naveen’s answer: once an Attribute is attached in any screen, Control Type cannot be changed. Connections are not limited to Item Class and Customer class.  Attributes can be attached to many profiles, and also to transaction/document screens as User Defined Fields.

From the Help:

CRM: Leads, Contacts, Cases, Opportunities, Business Accounts, Marketing Campaigns.

Inventory: Item Classes, Stock Items, Non-Stock Items

Projects: Projects, Tasks, Equipment, Account Groups, Service Contracts

Organization: Employees

AP: Vendor Classes

AR: Customer Classes, Contracts

Field Services: Service Orders, Appointments, Service Order Types, Service Contract Schedules, Route Service Contract Schedules

Equipment: Equipment, Equipment Types, and Service Contracts

Route Management: Vehicles, Route Executions, Route Service Contracts, Vehicle Types, Routes.

Further: Attributes can be added as User-Defined Fields to the same screens listed above and to most Data Entry Forms (document and transaction screens like  AP Bills, Sales Orders). I could find no list for these but they can be recognized as having the User-Defined Fields tab visible at the top of the screen:

If you are in charge of configuring the attributes and user-defined fields, perhaps you could look at the screens you’ve accessed in Access History, send to Excel, and sort out duplicates. Use this list as a map to where the UDF’s and Attributes may have been connected.

I don’t know of any screen within Acumatica that shows us where our Attributes are used. If it exists, I hope someone posts the answer. If it doesn’t exist, maybe we can Vote for the Idea:

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bhyland After creation of Attribute and if this attribute is added to Item Class OR Customer Class then system will not allow us to modify the control type.

Below are options

• You can delete the association from Item Class OR Customer Class, then you can change the Control Type for that attribute, but if any Stock Item/Customer is already assigned some values then all these values will be lost.
  • You can create a new attribute with proper Control Type, then you can copy the values from OLD attribute to NEW attribute using database scripts OR import scenarios.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved