Solved

Assign different Screen Colors for each Tenant

Userlevel 2
Badge

Platform - How How to Change Screen Color by Tenant

I see that this was a suggestion, and it is flagged as shipped. 

So far, I cannot find any instructions to make these changes. Probably, I am not using the correct terminology. 

If I can find out what the correct search term is, I can probably find the instructions.

Please pass along any useful information you may be able to provide.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 1 March 2022, 16:49

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @mpeck12  

Can you please use primary color in the site preference 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mpeck12 

We can change the screen color in the Site Preference screen.

For more info, please refer to the below document,

Acumatica 2019 R1 Feature: Personalize Color Theme to Differentiate (calszone.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @mpeck12 

Along with what was mentioned above, you can also change each Branches color, if you are using Multi-Branch.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The organizational structure I am working with is a single Company with no branches,

There are however several Test Companies, shown as tenants,  available for selection from the dropdown at the top right of the screen.

Company A

Tenant 2 (Production Company)

Tenant 3 (Test 1 copy of Production)

Tenant 4 (Test 2 copy of Production)

Tenant 5 (Test 3 copy of Production)

My understanding is that if I use the Site Preferences to set the Primary Color, every tenant will inherit that Color.

I am trying to set a different Color for each Tenant.

Is that possible, and, if so, how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@mpeck12  You will need to log into each Tenant and change the color on the Site preferences. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

There must be something else needed. I logged into one of the tenants (the most recently added) and set the Primary Color to a different color. I don’t see an apply button etc, so I saved the Preference record, logged out and back in (in case that was a requirement). When I logged back in, the Primary Color was unchanged. Is it possible that the Primary Color can only be changed for Active Tenants, not for Test Tenants?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @mpeck12 

Just saving the screen with color changes should be enough. The tenant that you have  logged in and modified the changes in the site preference, the changes would be reflected only to that tenant. As @kbeatty21  indicated you have to login to each tenant and change the color. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It should not matter if it is a Test Tenant. My local is a Test and it works. Try to clear your cache and re-do the steps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mpeck12 I am probably a bit late to this thread. To change a single Company with no branches you just need to log into that specific tenant. Go to the Companies screen and into the Visual Appearance tab. From there you can select the color you want for that tenant while keeping the Override Colors for the selected Company checkbox checked.

I found the color did not change for myself on the Site Preferences screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge

My experience is that sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

I have a multi-company and multi-branch tenant that I copied over to a test tenant (same site) but when I go try to change the primary color for the test tenant, on the site preference screen it does not change. It I does not matter how many times I log out and back in. 

However, on another site, I do that all the time I create a new test tenant and it works with no issues.

The only difference is that here is just single company with no branches tenant. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have a multi-company and multi-branch tenant that I copied over to a test tenant (same site) but when I go try to change the primary color for the test tenant, on the site preference screen it does not change. It I does not matter how many times I log out and back in. 

However, on another site, I do that all the time I create a new test tenant and it works with no issues.

The only difference is that here is just single company with no branches tenant. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

You may need to change each company individually. I have found that in older versions of Acumatica.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Any thoughts?

Thanks

You may need to change each company individually. I have found that in older versions of Acumatica.

Thank you @kbeatty21 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved