Solved

Government Interfacing with the Customer Portal

• 15 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone had an experience with a government agency utilizing the customer portal to place orders? We produce and sell medical equipment to the military and are looking to simplify the ordering process but with the government’s security level we aren’t sure if they will be able to use the customer portal. Any advice?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by josh.fischer 16 September 2021, 15:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello, this is a good question.

I’ve reached out to a few team members to see if they have examples of our customers using the portal to engage with government entities. If I receive feedback I will update you here.

If you take a look at our FAQs there is a section about our SaaS solution and government security within the Compliance section which states: 

Acumatica SaaS is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) to ensure we provide the world’s best cloud infrastructure with Acumatica SaaS. AWS infrastructure and solutions are in compliance with regulations, standards, and best practices. Please contact Acumatica if you have certain compliance requirements and Acumatica will review and provide possible options. Depending on your needs, additional fees may apply.

For Canadian customers, Acumatica SaaS can be hosted at an Amazon Web Services (AWS) facility located within Canada which is in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), as required by Canadian Law.

As mentioned above, we use Amazon’s AWS system for hosting. Here is information about AWS security compliance - https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/

If this doesn’t alleviate concern, the best course of action is to reach out to your Acumatica Consultant to help them understand the exact needs of your organization. They’ll help you define the expectations and requirements, then our team can work with them to ensure that either A) those requirements are met with our core solution or B) we can add additional layers of security to meet the requirements. 

If you don’t yet have a relationship with a consultant, no problem. Reach out to us directly and we’ll help you get started down the right path.

Don’t know the exact government expectations? I’d recommend contacting one of your customers and asking them for documentation on their expectations. The government likely have defined/documented “rules” which their staff must abide by.

Hope this helps and good luck moving forward!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved